Leeds United defender Pascal Struijk expresses excitement after playing out a goalless stalemate with current Premier League runners-up Manchester United on Sunday.
A scoreless draw at Elland Road gave Leeds only their fifth draw this Premier League season and second in a row following a 1-1 stalemate with Liverpool.
Marcelo Bielsa’s men were keen to exact vengeance on United following a humiliating 6-2 defeat in the reverse fixture back December but failed to create much in the front third.
Unlike the Old Trafford encounter, Leeds looked more solid at the back and showed maturity and competitiveness they lacked after spending 16 years outside the Premier League.
Struijk, who barely put a foot wrong throughout 90 minutes, maintains he and his teammates are happy for holding Marcus Rashford and co at bay.
“I am quite happy, it was a difficult game,” the 21-year-old told LUTV as quoted by the club’s official website.
“They are a high pressing team which made it difficult for us to play out from the back, but I think we showed defensively that we had a good structure.
“They have great attacking players, you only have to look at the names, who have great individual qualities.
“The whole team is very happy with the points we have gained over recent games, and it shows we can compete with the best.
“We want to try and win every game. They are all still important, so we want to get back out there again now and do just that.”
Unbeaten in five league matches on the trot, the Whites have climbed up to ninth in the standings, with five left to play.
Latest Leeds United News
- Preview: Leeds United vs Swansea City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Leeds United must sort out alarming issue if they want Premier League promotion
- Bournemouth complete signing of Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams
- Leeds in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Farke targets automatic promotion next term
- Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts set to join Birmingham City
- Leeds ready to splash £35m to sign Barcelona winger Abde Ezzalzouli
- Leeds United injury news after 6-1 loss vs Liverpool: Three players out, two return
- Leeds United in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Can Leeds take six points off Manchester United?
- Leeds United vs Cardiff City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups