Leeds United have endured a disappointing 2022-23 season so far as they are 15th in the league standings, with just two points ahead of the relegation zone. Jesse Marsch came on the brink of getting sacked last month following the 3-2 Fulham defeat, which left them without a victory in eight consecutive matches.
However, things have been a little encouraging for the Whites since as Marsch led his side to a massive 2-1 victory at Liverpool. The Yorkshire outfit followed that up with a 4-3 success at home against Bournemouth. They also fought really hard at Tottenham Hotspur but were forced to return empty handed after Bentancur’s late fireworks helped his side to a 4-3 victory.
Leeds United Players at the World Cup
Brenden Aaronson and Tyler Adams were both named in the 2022 World Cup squads, with the duo likely to be in action for USMNT on Monday against Wales. Aaronson has featured in all 14 league matches for Leeds this season, with a goal to his name. The 22-year-old has 24 international caps to his name, contributing six goals to the national team.
Adams has also been an important figure for the Whites this campaign, with the defensive midfielder starting 13 times in the Premier League. The 23-year-old has made an impressive start to life at the West Yorkshire outfit. He has featured 32 times for USMNT so far, with a goal to his name.
Rasmus Kristensen has also earned a place on the plane to Qatar and he could be in action for Denmark on Tuesday. The Red and Whites will take on Tunisia in their opening group match before taking on France and Australia.
Meanwhile, Daniel James has also been named in Wales squad for the 2022 World Cup. The 25-year-old has earned 38 caps for the national side so far.
Latest Leeds United News
- Leeds United must sort out alarming issue if they want Premier League promotion
- Bournemouth complete signing of Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams
- Leeds in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Farke targets automatic promotion next term
- Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts set to join Birmingham City
- Leeds ready to splash £35m to sign Barcelona winger Abde Ezzalzouli
- Leeds United injury news after 6-1 loss vs Liverpool: Three players out, two return
- Leeds United in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Can Leeds take six points off Manchester United?
- Leeds United vs Cardiff City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Leeds United in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule