Leeds United suffered relegation from the Premier League last season, despite trying three different managers and investing heavily on new recruits.
The Whites haven’t had a great 2023 summer either, with the club losing the majority of their best players.
But still fans didn’t expect such a miserable start to the new campaign as they have picked up a single win from their first five league outings.
Ahead of their away trip to Millwall, which is available to watch via soccer live streams, let’s discuss their most alarming issue – their inability to score first.
Daniel Farke’s side are yet to find their first goal in any of their seven matches across all competitions this season, as pointed out by Leeds United news.
They conceded the first against Cardiff City, Shrewsbury Town, Birmingham City, West Bromwich Albion, Ipswich Town, and Salford City.
The Yorkshire outfit lost to Birmingham and Salford but battled back to earn a point against the Baggies and the Bluebirds. While they claimed comeback victories against Ipswich and Shrewsbury.
Leeds’ most recent league encounter with Sheffield Wednesday before the international break ended in a goalless draw at Elland Road.
Daniel Farke’s men dominated possession but failed to create many scoring opportunities. Their attackers were frustrated by Wednesday who ultimately came away with a point from the away fixture.
The Whites’ winning chances have greatly suffered due to their inability to score first. If they manage to find the net first, teams would be forced to play a more open game, thus allowing them to utilise their attacking quality.
The Yorkshire side must address this issue quickly as they cannot afford to drop more points if they desire Premier League promotion.
Latest Leeds United News
- Preview: Peterborough United vs Leeds United –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Leeds United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Leeds United vs Swansea City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Leeds United must sort out alarming issue if they want Premier League promotion
- Bournemouth complete signing of Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams
- Leeds in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Farke targets automatic promotion next term
- Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts set to join Birmingham City
- Leeds ready to splash £35m to sign Barcelona winger Abde Ezzalzouli
- Leeds United injury news after 6-1 loss vs Liverpool: Three players out, two return
- Leeds United in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures