Wolverhampton Wanderers and Adama Traore are locked in extension talks as Leeds United look to launch a summer bid for the pacey winger, per The Telegraph.
Following an inspirational debut campaign in the Premier League, Marcelo Bielsa is hopeful of overhauling his squad this summer to challenge European promotion slots next season.
Although Raphinha and Helder Costa both reeled off a series of impressive performances this season, the 65-year-old is on the lookout for a new winger.
One of the players Bielsa would like to have in his ranks next term is Wolves speed-demon Traore.
The 25-year-old emerged as a transfer target for Liverpool last summer, but financial fallout caused by the coronavirus pandemic hampered the Reds’ market plans.
And while the 2019/20 season showed how talismanic the Spain international could be at his peak power, he has been anywhere near that level in 2020/21.
The former La Masia graduate has clocked up just one goal and three assists in 32 Premier League outings this term despite being one of Nuno Espirito Santo’s first-team favourites.
After enduring a topsy-turvy campaign at Molineux, Traore could be on the move when the transfer window reopens for business, with Leeds ready to swoop for his services.
With his contract running out in summer 2023, Wolves are looking to either tie him down to a new deal or cash in on him at the end of the season.
However, the parties have yet to find an agreement over a potential extension, which may accelerate the forward’s departure.
Meanwhile, the Whites are entertaining the prospect of signing Traore as he ticks many of the boxes for the type of player Bielsa wants to recruit.
Latest Leeds United News
- Preview: Peterborough United vs Leeds United –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Leeds United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Leeds United vs Swansea City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Leeds United must sort out alarming issue if they want Premier League promotion
- Bournemouth complete signing of Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams
- Leeds in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Farke targets automatic promotion next term
- Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts set to join Birmingham City
- Leeds ready to splash £35m to sign Barcelona winger Abde Ezzalzouli
- Leeds United injury news after 6-1 loss vs Liverpool: Three players out, two return
- Leeds United in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures