Leeds United suffered a 6-1 thrashing at the hands of Liverpool on Monday in a big blow to their hopes of Premier League survival.
The Whites had their chances in the first half but their performance after the break was highly embarrassing.
Cody Gakpo’s opening goal came in controversial circumstances as Trent Alexander-Arnold handled the ball in the build-up but VAR didn’t overturn the on-field decision.
Mohamed Salah extended the scoreline with a brilliant finish before the break, but Luis Sinisterra’s early goal in the second half sparked hopes of a comeback for the home side.
However, the Reds soon restored their two-goal advantage through Diogo Jota’s strike. The Portuguese forward then bagged a brace after Salah completed his double to pile more misery on the hosts.
Darwin Nunez also found the back of the net in injury time as Jurgen Klopp’s men registered an emphatic victory at Elland Road.
Javi Gracia now faces a huge task to make a turnaround in the upcoming LUFC games this month.
The Spanish boss will be hoping for the full recovery of some of his key players as he turns his focus to their next trip to Fulham, a match available to watch for football fans via soccer streams.
Below we look at all their latest injury news following the disappointing home loss to Liverpool.
1- Patrick Bamford
Bamford picked up a knock in the Whites’ 5-1 defeat against Crystal Palace earlier this month. The 29-year-old was missing Monday’s home meeting with Liverpool and his expected return date is unclear at this stage.
2- Tyler Adams
Adams could be out for the remainder of the season as he is trying to recover from a hamstring surgery. His last Premier League appearance for the Yorkshire outfit came against Brighton & Hove Albion in March.
3- Max Wöber
Wöber returned to the matchday squad in Leeds’ most recent fixture after recovering from an injury issue he picked up during the international break.
4- Stuart Dallas
Dallas has been sidelined since April 2022 after suffering from a femur fracture. He is yet to recover from that.
5- Adam Forshaw
Forshaw made his first appearance in 2023 on Monday as he left the bench to replace Sinisterra late in the game. He hadn’t played for the Whites in a long time due to his injury issues.
Latest Leeds United News
- Preview: Leeds United vs Swansea City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Leeds United must sort out alarming issue if they want Premier League promotion
- Bournemouth complete signing of Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams
- Leeds in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Farke targets automatic promotion next term
- Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts set to join Birmingham City
- Leeds ready to splash £35m to sign Barcelona winger Abde Ezzalzouli
- Leeds United injury news after 6-1 loss vs Liverpool: Three players out, two return
- Leeds United in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Can Leeds take six points off Manchester United?
- Leeds United vs Cardiff City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups