Leeds United barely managed to survive in the Premier League last season, with the Whites defeating Brentford 2-1 on the final day to finish ahead of Burnley in the table. However, they have also been very unconvincing this campaign and are currently sitting not very far from the relegation zone with only two points separating them from 18th-placed Nottingham Forest. The West Yorkshire outfit have lost seven of their 14 matches to collect a meagre 15 points.
Jesse Marsch came on the brink of getting sacked after the Whites lost four league matches on the trot. The American boss was booed off by his own fans following the 3-2 home loss against Fulham.
The 49-year-old was under immense pressure to improve results at Elland Road. However, he responded well to that pressure and inspired his side to a huge victory at Liverpool before beating Bournemouth 4-3 at home.
The Whites also fought incredibly well at Tottenham Hotspur and looked to have won the contest with Rodrigo’s double. But they ultimately had to return empty handed from North London as Bentancur’s late heroics led his side to win the 4-3 thriller.
Leeds United Fixtures in December
Leeds United also had a few players representing the club at the 2022 World Cup. Brenden Aaronson and Tyler Adams were both named in the USMNT’s squad but the Yanks have been eliminated from the tournament now. They suffered a 3-1 thrashing at the hands of Netherlands in the round of 16.
Rasmus Kristensen was part of Denmark’s squad but the Red and Whites endured a disappointing campaign in Qatar, suffering an early exit after finishing at the bottom of Group D. Meanwhile, Daniel James’ Wales also didn’t fare much better as they ended up at the bottom of their group following two losses and a draw.
With the World Cup final set to take place on 18th December, the focus will slowly shift back to the Premier League. Leeds United will resume their league campaign on 28th December when they welcome Manchester City to Elland Road. They will travel to Newcastle United three days later in another difficult fixture.
Here are all the Leeds United fixtures in December:
Elche vs Leeds United – 8th December (friendly)
Leeds United vs Real Sociedad – 16th December (friendly)
Leeds United vs Monaco – 21st December (friendly)
Leeds United vs Manchester City – 28th December (Premier League) (Amazon Prime)
Newcastle United vs Leeds United – 31st December (Premier League)
Latest Leeds United News
- Preview: Leeds United vs Swansea City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Leeds United must sort out alarming issue if they want Premier League promotion
- Bournemouth complete signing of Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams
- Leeds in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Farke targets automatic promotion next term
- Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts set to join Birmingham City
- Leeds ready to splash £35m to sign Barcelona winger Abde Ezzalzouli
- Leeds United injury news after 6-1 loss vs Liverpool: Three players out, two return
- Leeds United in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Can Leeds take six points off Manchester United?
- Leeds United vs Cardiff City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups